Hello to all our loyal Stroodlers, those of you on Earth and from galaxies far, far away.
At Stroodles we are big fans of the movie franchise Star Wars and we are even bigger fans of fun holidays that bring out inspiration for awesome cocktail ideas!
So we want to wish everyone a very happy May the Fourth and celebrate this by sharing four delicious Star-Wars inspired cocktail ideas that R2 good to miss out on.
Why not get involved and raise your cocktail game to the next level by including one of our pasta straws in your drink. You can also use our pasta straws to practice your light-saber skills to become the ultimate Jedi!
The Chewbacca Cocktail
Whether you are a professional mixologist or just a Wookie this is an easy and Stroodilicious drink to try out. Perfect for a warm summer day by a golden beach.
2 1/2 ounces spiced whiskey
1 egg white
1 oz freshly-squeezed lemon juice
3/4 oz pure maple syrup
2-3 shakes of bitters
1. Add the egg white and whiskey to a cocktail shaker and vigorously shake for 20 seconds.
2. Add the lemon juice, maple syrup, bitters and ice into the shaker. Shake again for 20 seconds and allow to chill.
3. Strain and serve over a glass filled with ice.
Luke Skywalker cocktail
This cocktail is perfect for an evening out with friends or just by yourself if you plan on partying (Hans) solo. It is creamy, sweet and ideal for any celebration!
2 oz Vodka
1 oz Godiva liqueur
1. Add ice to a glass and let chill
2. Pour vodka and Godiva liqueur over ice cubes
3. Fill with your chosen cream right on top
Baby Yoda Cocktail (+ Mocktail option)
We are obsessed with how cute Baby Yoda is and so of course had to include a drink based on our favourite alien. This one is for adults and kids, making it the perfect choice for the whole family!
Image: Wow It's Veggie!
1 oz Tequila (use Sparkling water if making virgin)
3 oz Lime Margarita Mix (Use mountain dew/alternative green drink if making virgin)
2 Lime wedges
2 large blueberries
Brown paper bag or packing paper
Butcher’s twine or yarn
Instructions for drink:
1. Add ice to a shaker or tall glass to let chill
2. Add tequila and lime margarita mix. Shake vigorously for 20 seconds and set aside to chill.
NB: If you are making a Baby Yoda mocktail chill your liquids over ice but don’t shake if using a carbonated beverage, or as we call them Yoda sodas.
Instructions for Baby Yoda decoration:
1. Take the brown paper/packing paper and form it around the stem of the glass.
2. Take the twine or yarn and tie it in a knot to form a waist/belt (You can alternatively tape it)
3. At this stage pour your pre-made drink into the glass (make sure to use a strainer when pouring!)
4. It’s time for garnishes. Take your lime wedges and make a cut in the middle of the wedge so that when they are placed on the rim of the glass they look like his ears.
5. Drop 2 blueberries inside the drink to be his eyes. You can also put the blueberries on a clear toothpick to help them hold their shape.
6. Time to drink. Enjoy and may the force be with you!
Blue Milk Cocktail
We know this isn’t a cocktail per se but trust us this blue milkshake is incredible and definitely brings all the Jedi’s to the yard! It is inspired from Episode IV: A New Hope when Luke Skywalker drank on the world called Tatooine. Why not try it out! It is a super simple recipe that is seriously out of this world.
1 cup vanilla ice cream (the whiter the better!)
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp blue Jell-O powder
Blue food colouring (optional)
1. Mix the milk and Jell-O powder together.
2. Pour the milk/Jell-O mixture and ice cream in a blender.
3. Blend until smooth.
4. Add a few drops of blue food colouring to make it pop! Mix until even.
5. Pour into a glass and enjoy
We reckon these drinks would make George Lucas proud and will definitely make your May the Fourths even more special! To keep up with our Stroodling efforts check out or out our Instagram and Twitter.
At Stroodles we love to see you Stroodling in action so feel free to take a picture with your drink and make sure to tag us @stroodles_straws
Fancy trying out our Stroodles in your drink? Why not order your pack today! We have a range of sizes for you to choose from.
Are you interested in stocking Stroodles Pasta Straws or adding Stroodles Pasta Straws to your customers drinks? Then why not check out our Trade Zone and order a sample pack today!